Road maintenance is the responsibility of the Operations Division of the Public Works Department. Depots are located in Buckhorn, Douro, Havelock, Millbrook and Smith. Our ongoing maintenance of County roads includes the following activities:
- Roadside Maintenance: Removal of road debris, brush, trees, and beaver dams as well as mowing and ditching.
- Hardtop Maintenance: Pothole filling and patching, sweeping and shoulder grading.
- Safety Features: Maintenance of signs, guide rails, and railway crossings.
- Bridge Maintenance
- Winter Control Activities: Plowing, sanding and salting of County roads.
Please call us at 705-742-4862 during regular business hours, or at 705-742-6823 after hours, to report the following situations:
- A dead or injured animal on County roads.
- Road conditions, e.g. flooding, snow or ice, potholes, etc.
- Debris on a County road, such as a fallen tree, that impacts safe travel.
(April to October) 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Thursday
(November to March) 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Thursday and 7:00 am to 11:00 am, Friday
If you require more information please contact us at 705-742-4862 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be pleased to assist you.