All purchases made by Peterborough County are done in accordance with our Purchasing of Goods and Services Policy, which covers the acquisition of all goods, services and construction projects (By-law 2010-53).
Tenders and proposals are called when a purchase is budgeted to exceed $30,000.00. All tenders and proposals are available online from www.biddingo.com/peterboroughcounty or by pick up at County of Peterborough, 470 Water Street, Peterborough, Ontario K9H 3M3.
Purchasing Principles and Goals for the acquisition of all goods and services:
- To procure by purchase, rental or lease the required quality and quantity of "goods and services" in an efficient manner and without favouritism.
- To ensure acquisition of "goods and services" through the application of the highest standards of business ethics.
- To encourage open competitive bidding on all acquisition and disposal of "goods and services", where practical.
- To consider "total acquisition costs" including quality, service and availability, rather than the lowest price submitted;
- To operate a "purchasing" section for the purchase of "goods and services" through the Finance Department.
- To coordinate the acquisition of like “goods and services” required by more than one department to take advantage of purchasing power.
- To encourage the procurement of goods and services with due regard to the preservation of the natural environment and the promotion of waste reduction and recycling of waste materials.
- To have regard to the accessibility for persons with disabilities to the Goods, Services and Construction purchased by the County.
For information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 743-0380 ext. 343.