The County of Peterborough Official Plan was approved by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs on November 8, 1994 and sets a land use and planning framework for local Official Plans and decision making. Its policies are rather broad and are intended to guide local Townships in creating more detailed policies in their local Official Plans. These policies apply to all types of development within the County.
Local Township Policies
Four Townships in the County have opted to include their local policies into the County Official Plan. These four Townships are Asphodel-Norwood, North Kawartha, Selwyn and Douro-Dummer. By including local policies in the County Official Plan it creates a more consistent approach to planning and development within the County of Peterborough.
Policies that apply to the four Townships can be found in Sections 6 and 7 of the County Official Plan.
Documents & Resources
Township of Asphodel-Norwood - Local Schedules
Township of Douro Dummer - Local Schedules
- Douro Land Use & Transportation (PDF - 3 MB)
- Dummer Land Use & Transportation (PDF - 7 MB)
- Stoney, Clear, Katchewanooka Land Use & Trasnportation (PDF - 35 MB)
- Young's Point, Donwood, Warsaw Land Use & Transportation (PDF - 2 MB)
- Douro-Dummer Roads Plan (PDF - 5 MB)